The following are general policies of the Hobby Center Box Office. These policies are subject to change and may vary by show and by series. For more information regarding Hobby Center policies please visit Hobby Center A to Z.
There are many factors to consider before purchasing you tickets. Please consider the following to ensure an optimal purchasing experience:
- Which performance date and time do you prefer? It is a good idea to have an alternate date in mind
- Is the performance date or the seat location more important to you?
- Which section of the theater do you prefer? Do you like to be close to the stage or farther back in the center, left, or right?
- How do you plan to pay for tickets? The Box Office accepts American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, checks and cash
- Understand that some performances might be heavily sold leaving only singles or limited view seating available
- Shows typically go on sale 3-4 months prior to the event date. For on sale information for a specific show, please visit the events page. You might see events that are not currently on sale through Hobby Center official ticketing sites available through third party websites. Please be aware when using third party websites (see “Beware of Buying From Ticket Buyers” section below for more information)
- Titles may not be appropriate for all ages or personal tastes. The Hobby Center encourages prospective ticket buyers to familiarize themselves with the show’s content to ensure an informed consumer experience
- A ticket is required for admission into the theater
- All patrons, including infants and small children, must have a ticket
- Unless the program is child/family specific in nature, most performances are not suitable for small children and infants
- A ticket provides one (1) person license to a seat for the specified event, date, time and seat location
- All sales are final
- No refunds or exchanges
- Management reserves the right to revoke this license (tickets) without refund of the purchase price or related fees including but not limited to facility fees, convenience fees, or service charges
- License (ticket) user assumes all risks of personal injury incidental to or occurring prior to, during or after the event and agrees not to hold the facility responsible in the event of any personal or property loss
- The sale of tickets on theater premises other than by Hobby Center employees is prohibited
- Your presence at a performance constitutes your consent to be photographed and or/recorded for the promotional use of the presenting organization
The resale of event tickets in Texas is legal. You may well find event tickets on sale at ticket brokers. Though brokers are never the primary sales point, they access tickets by purchasing them in the same way as the customer. Please keep in mind, when you buy from a broker:
- We cannot be responsible for tickets purchased through unauthorized third parties
- We cannot replace your tickets if they are lost or stolen
- We cannot exchange your tickets into other performances
- We cannot issue a refund to you in case of an event cancellation
- We cannot guarantee that your tickets are valid and therefore, cannot guarantee admittance
- You may be paying much more than the ticket’s face value
- We cannot contact you with information regarding time changes, show cancellations or other information
Help us serve you in the best manner possible. Buy your tickets only from authorized tickets agents including the Hobby Center Box Office, BroadwayAtTheHobbyCenter.com, TheHobbyCenter.org, TUTS.com and Ticketmaster.com.
All single ticket sales are final and non-refundable. Exchanges are available for Memorial Hermann Broadway at the Hobby Center Series and Theatre Under The Stars Series subscribers only. Exchanges can be done online, over the phone, or in person at the Hobby Center Box Office.
You may purchase a limited number of tickets from the Hobby Center for each event. The limit is set for each event, based on anticipated demand for the event. Limits are verified with every transaction. This policy discourages unfair ticket buying practices and reselling. If you purchase more than the allowed limit, your tickets could be returned without notification.
- As soon as the Hobby Center is notified of a canceled event by an artist or an artist representative, we immediately notify all original ticket purchases via email on file
- For events that are canceled and NOT rescheduled, a refund is usually processed using your original method of payment
- Refunds will be issued to the patron who purchased the ticket, who may not be the actual ticket holder
- If an event is rescheduled, you will have the option of receiving a refund or using your ticket for the rescheduled date
- When an event cancels or reschedules, it is always best to keep your tickets until you receive the refund.
- When an event is rescheduled, your tickets in hand are valid for the new date. New tickets can be sent to the original ticket purchaser upon request
- Refunds or rescheduled exchanges can only be processed at the point of purchase. The Hobby Center cannot refund or exchange tickets purchased through www.BroadwayAtTheHobbyCenter.com
- If your tickets are lost or stolen, please immediately contact your point of purchase
- In most cases, we can replace tickets with the seats that you originally purchased at the Box Office. You must provide proof of purchase
- Replacement tickets override the original tickets, if both were to show up the night of the event
- Tickets that were purchased through a third party may not be able to be replaced
The Hobby Center Box Office collects contact information from all patrons to ensure the highest quality of customer service and communication. We use this information in the following ways:
- To mail tickets, season brochures and new show announcements
- To communicate important information, such as show cancelation, “know before you go” emails or rescheduled events, and promotional emails
- When credit card security policies require that mailing and invoicing addresses are in agreement
The Hobby Center Box Office does not share customer information.
Code of Conduct And Late Seating Policies
The Hobby Center is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests. Guests are expected to behave appropriately and follow instructions of Hobby Center personnel at all times. For the comfort, safety and security of all guests, staff, cast and crew, the following code of conduct has been established for all guests and visitors:
- Respect other guests, performers and staff
- Be responsible and aware of your behavior
- Adhere to all venue policies including but not limited to security check, mask mandates, and photo/video policy
- Sit only in assigned ticketed seat and show tickets upon request
- Consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner
- Do not willfully and unreasonably disturb other guests nor interfere with performers or events in any way
- Supervise children so other guests aren’t disturbed
- Latecomers will comply with late seating policy determined by management and the production
All decisions are made at the discretion of Hobby Center staff. Any guests who fail to behave appropriately may be refused admission to or ejected from Hobby Center events without refund or compensation. Guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate or offensive behavior to an usher or floor captain.
As a courtesy to other patrons and to the performers, latecomers and those who exit the theater during the performance will not be admitted into the seating chamber until an appropriate interval (determined by the performance management). Please plan to arrive at least 45 min. prior to your scheduled performance to allow plenty of time for parking, restrooms, and finding your seats. Late seating policies vary based on performing company. Be prepared to be held outside the seating area should you arrive after the performance begins.
Resident Company Specific Policies
For Memorial Hermann Broadway at the Hobby Center Series ticket policies, please call (800) 952-6260 or visit their website.
Sign up for our email list to stay up-to-date on all things Hobby Center. Or contact us with any questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Box Office Information
Box Office: (713) 315-2525
Hours: *Subject to change depending on show schedule