Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of all subscribers, ticket holders, staff, volunteers, artists and all those who make up the Hobby Center Foundation’s community is our top priority. Please rest assured, all decisions regarding the necessary protocols and policies for the health and safety of our audiences will be guided by medical and public health advice. The Hobby Center is implementing changes to meet the rapidly changing conditions, guidance and recommended best practices. As conditions change, so may protocols and guidelines.
Currently, it is recommended that all patrons wear a mask while inside the building and are required to provide their own mask.
Please be advised that certain events may have their own COVID-19 requirements, including masking recommendations or requirements. All ticket holders will be communicated to 24-48 hours prior to each performance with any arrival protocols specific to their event.
The Hobby Center is joining performing arts groups nationwide in an earnest effort to keep the industry alive while navigating the challenging conditions imposed by COVID-19.
What pandemic-related changes can you expect at the Hobby Center?
- Any ticket holder who does not comply with any pandemic-related health protocol may be required to leave the theater, and their ticket will not be refunded
- It is recommended that all patrons wear a mask while inside the building and are required to provide their own mask
- Staff will be required to be fully vaccinated
- All high-touch points will be sanitized and cleaned frequently
- All other touch points are to be disinfected at least once per day. This also includes the box office area and backstage dressing rooms
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the facility
What is the Hobby Center doing to make the venue safer?
- Replaced all restroom sinks and fixtures with touchless faucets, soap dispensers and flushing mechanisms
- Established a dedicated disinfecting staff as part of the housekeeping team to focus specifically on sanitizing and disinfecting high touch areas
- Installed MERV-13 air filters throughout the facility
- HVAC systems will be set to allow for the maximum amount of fresh air intake
- Installed hand sanitizing stations in all areas of the venue
- Continuing the use of CDC-approved cleaning products, including the introduction of electrostatic disinfecting sprayers to the standard housekeeping routine
COVID-19 related protocols established by the Hobby Center or its affiliates may be in effect at the time of performance, including, without limitation, temperature checks, testing, confirmation of prior travel to restricted areas, and/or confirmation of no known symptoms of and exposure to COVID-19. We reserve the right to unilaterally establish or modify health protocols according to updated public health guidance and applicable law. Any applicable update or modification to such protocols will be provided to ticket holders prior to a performance.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. All persons who enter the Hobby Center facilities assume any and all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted. Each such person voluntarily waives any and all claims and causes of action against the Hobby Center Foundation, Theatre Under the Stars, The John Gore Organization, Inc., John Gore Theatrical Group, Inc. d/b/a Broadway Across America, the Venue, the Presenter, the Event, the Event Producers, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, successors and assigns and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents.
Sign up for our email list to stay up-to-date on all things Hobby Center. Or contact us with any questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Box Office Information
Box Office: (713) 315-2525
Hours: *Subject to change depending on show schedule