The health and safety of all subscribers, ticket holders, staff, artists and all those who make up The Hobby Center Foundation's community is our top priority. There are many questions about the upcoming seasons for Theatre Under the Stars, the Memorial Hermann Broadway at the Hobby Center Series, and the multitude of other events held at the Hobby Center each year, and what the experience of attending each of these shows and events will be.
Please rest assured, all decisions regarding the necessary protocols and policies for the health and safety of our audiences will be guided by medical and public health advice, namely through the Hobby Center's partnership with Houston Methodist, and the venue will comply with guidelines set forth by the City of Houston.
Below are protocols as of July 1, 2021, which will surely evolve as we approach the reopening of the Hobby Center. As health and safety protocols are refined, we will provide updates and specifics to patrons prior to our first public event.
What pandemic-related changes can you expect at The Hobby Center?
- Any ticket holder who does not comply with any pandemic-related health protocol may be required to leave the theater, and their ticket will not be refunded
- All patrons must wear a mask while inside the building and are required to provide their own mask. If patrons cannot wear a mask, they cannot enter the building
- Staff will be required to wear masks at all times
- Staff will sanitize ticket scanners prior to performances and periodically through their shifts and will no longer physically handle tickets
- All high-touch points will be sanitized and cleaned frequently
- All other touch points are to be disinfected at least once per day. This includes, but is not limited to, the box office area, bathrooms and seating areas, which will be sanitized prior to each performance
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the facility
- Restaurant and concession protocols are still being developed but guests should expect a primarily cash-free operation and a temporary change to what items are allowed to enter the audience chambers
What is the Hobby Center doing to make the venue safer?
- Replaced all restroom sinks and fixtures with touchless faucets, soap dispensers and flushing mechanisms
- Established a dedicated disinfecting staff as part of the housekeeping team to focus specifically on sanitizing and disinfecting high touch areas
- Installed MERV-13 air filters throughout the facility
- HVAC systems will be set to allow for the maximum amount of fresh air intake
- Installed hand sanitizing stations in all areas of the venue
- Continuing the use of CDC-approved cleaning products, including the introduction of electrostatic disinfecting sprayers to the standard housekeeping routine
- Achieved GBAC STAR venue accreditation, confirming that the Hobby Center has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention