Bagby Street Construction
Exciting things are coming to Bagby Street! Over the next two years, you will notice construction on this main thoroughfare to the Hobby Center. Updates include wider pedestrian walkways, bike lanes, beautification and lighting, along with updates to the storm sewer systems to meet current requirements.
CLICK HERE for the full press release about the project.
CLICK HERE for the project stakeholder presentation.
CLICK HERE for the February Downtown District update.
All south bound lanes on Bagby Street between Franklin and Walker are closed with all traffic limited to one lane in each direction. In addition, Walker Street between Smith Street and Bagby Street will be limited to two lanes only. Hobby Center valet parking remains accessible for now, though there will be periodic closures of the valet entrance to maintain traffic flow through construction. Please visit the PARKING page to see all available parking options near the Hobby Center.
How this impacts your trip to the venue
- Throughout the projected two-year time period of this project, you will encounter road closures and shifting traffic patterns, including points at which Bagby will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- You will likely experience rerouting and delays.
- Allow extra time for increased traffic and road closures
- We will do our best to provide updates through Know Before You Go emails prior to performances with information regarding street closures that could directly impact your access to the Hobby Center and/or self and valet parking
- Please note, if you have purchased tickets through a third party ticketing site, you will not receive Know Before You Go notifications
- A listing of road closures can be found HERE or HERE